Tech N9ne - Therapy EP (OUT NOW!) *Official Thread* 10,000 sold 1st week

DON'T POST ANY LINKS TO LEAKS OR RELEASES UNLESS THEY ARE POSTED BY THE OFFICIAL STRANGE MUSIC YOUTUBE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, SOUNDCLOUD, BLOG, ETC.

Tracklist:

1. The Ghost (Therapy) (Skit)
2. Public School (feat. Krizz Kaliko)
3. Head Now (feat. Bernz & Wrekonize of Mayday)
4. Hiccup
5. Therapy (Skit)
6. Shame on Me (feat. Caroline Dupuy Heerwagen)
7. Jacob Wells Message (Skit)
8. When Demons Come (feat. Tyler Lyon)
9. Therapy Skit Three (Skit)
10. I.L.L.
11. Stop the Sailor

Releases:

Music Videos:

Additional Production:

Seven

Sammy Siegler

Wes Borland (of Limp Bizkit)

Alfredo Ortiz (of Beastie Boys)

- 6th EP

- 7 tracks

- Produced by Ross Robinson

- All Rock 

- Snippets: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G58NE8Q/ref=dm_sp_alb

- "I'm singing a lot so I hope people like it..." Tech N9ne BET.com article 9/10

- Recorded on Venice Beach, CA

- Tech N9ne interviews describing the sounds and details of the EP on page 15 of this thread:

http://www.therealtechn9ne.com/forum/topics/tech-n9ne-therapy-ep-no...

Tags: 5, 5th, ep, n9ne, november, rock, tech, therapy

Views: 44688

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

... First few listens I didnt get too into it but aspects of it have grown on me. Overall its not too bad. Still determining how I feel about it. But like most of his recent eps its 50/50

Public School - 3/5
Beat and lyrics arent bad, but I dont like that there are no verses. Just choruses. Didnt like Techs screaming. I like Kalis singing on it though. More and more I want to hear him on a rock project. His delivery on God of War was amazing.

Head Now- 3/5
I like the beat and lyrics. Wrek especially. Not a fan of the vocal effect Tech uses during the 2nd verse.

Hiccup 2.5/5
No problems with the chorus except that it repeats the last minute or so.

Shame on Me 4/5
I guess Im the only one who liked the girl on the track. It added something extra to the song IMO.

When Demons Come - 4/5
The beat, lyrics and vibe are all pretty solid. Doesnt really seemto go anywhere though. No crescendo.

ILL - 2/5
The verses are fine. Really dislike the chorus. IIILLLL!! I was sick of it the first time I heard it. and then when he screams over and over again at the end. Oh shit, focus, mo chicks. Not feeling it at all. My least favorite track on the ep.

Stop the Sailor - 4/5
Decent job singing. I feel like he did a good job with the mood of the beat.

I think Id give it maybe... a 7/10.

so you would rather hear "it doesn't have to mean anything" then ill!!! (i like ladies) you sir need help

Sean Schipper said:

... First few listens I didnt get too into it but aspects of it have grown on me. Overall its not too bad. Still determining how I feel about it. But like most of his recent eps its 50/50

Public School - 3/5
Beat and lyrics arent bad, but I dont like that there are no verses. Just choruses. Didnt like Techs screaming. I like Kalis singing on it though. More and more I want to hear him on a rock project. His delivery on God of War was amazing.

Head Now- 3/5
I like the beat and lyrics. Wrek especially. Not a fan of the vocal effect Tech uses during the 2nd verse.

Hiccup 2.5/5
No problems with the chorus except that it repeats the last minute or so.

Shame on Me 4/5
I guess Im the only one who liked the girl on the track. It added something extra to the song IMO.

When Demons Come - 4/5
The beat, lyrics and vibe are all pretty solid. Doesnt really seemto go anywhere though. No crescendo.

ILL - 2/5
The verses are fine. Really dislike the chorus. IIILLLL!! I was sick of it the first time I heard it. and then when he screams over and over again at the end. Oh shit, focus, mo chicks. Not feeling it at all. My least favorite track on the ep.

Stop the Sailor - 4/5
Decent job singing. I feel like he did a good job with the mood of the beat.

I think Id give it maybe... a 7/10.

I wonder what airport that is. Looks like another lackluster video though. Definitely think there could be something in the works with Evalyn Awake though.

^ at least he's not wearing that awful clear mask thing

Lolol

₡₱♛ said:

^ at least he's not wearing that awful clear mask thing

I think EA is a great band, i know theyre not going to but i wouldnt be mad if they were on the label. A little exposure and they could take tf off.

Lee's Summit Municipal Airport

Mizery_Made said:

I wonder what airport that is. Looks like another lackluster video though. Definitely think there could be something in the works with Evalyn Awake though.

Completely underwhelming project. Tech needs to take some time to breathe and actually make a quality project. 

Cam said:

so you would rather hear "it doesn't have to mean anything" then ill!!! (i like ladies) you sir need help

Why is that? Its just a matter of preference. At least the woman is sort of singing it, not screaming it at me. And she only really repeats it at the ned of the song, so I can skip the track once the verses are done. In ILL the annoying part is every 30 seconds so its easier to just skip the track outright than fast forward thru his shouting. And she repeats herself 12 times total I think, He screams ILL 24-30 times.
 Plus, I can get what shes saying. Ive been in relationships where Im like, lets just fuck, it doesnt have to mean anything. So yeah, I find her contribution to the track a nice addition. The chorus of ILL just gets on my nerves. I guess I need to seek counseling or professional help.

Z0diacZack said:

Completely underwhelming project. Tech needs to take some time to breathe and actually make a quality project. 

Therapy EP is another Tech N9ne classic release...The more I listen to it the more it grows on me than it did the 1st time...As much as I would like to say the songs on this EP could of replaced the weaker songs on Something Else, then we would not have Therapy to enjoy...this is the beautiful thing about Tech..he is one of those emcees that can make a project like this...i think its brillaint...tracks like URALYA and Love 2 Dislike gave us a good look on he sounds on tracks like the EP...he blends well with it....thats just me though...personally the only EP that was lackluster to me was E.B.A.H. but I still enjoyed it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Strange Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service